Jefferson Remote Access Portal (RAP) instructions and FAQ
Jefferson's Remote Access Portal (RAP) is a remote access tool that provides Jefferson employees access to applications and web pages that are normally only accessible from the internal, on-campus, network, such as Employee Self Service.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is RAP for? RAP is designed to allow you to remotely access systems that are normally only available on the campus network, such as Employee Self Service (PeopleSoft HR). You do not need to use RAP while you are onsite at Jefferson. For remote access to email, you do not need to use RAP; navigate directly to http://jeffmail.jefferson.edu instead.
- How do I use RAP? When you want to remotely access a Jefferson resource that is not available directly but is available through RAP, navigate to https://connect.tjuh.org, and enter your campus key and password. Follow the prompts and you will be presented with a screen showing the applications you can access via RAP.
- How do I request access to a new resource in RAP? If you need remote access to a different application, navigate to http://myrequests.tjuh.org/, select "Account/Logon IDs/Application Access", and then select "Remote Access Portal" on the next screen. Complete the form with the requested information, filling in a description of the access you need in the "Comments/Additional Information" field. After being approved by your supervisor or manager, the access will be added.
- Can I work remotely using RAP? In order to ensure that all work is appropriately documented, not use RAP to do work remotely or during off hours without discussing with your manager or supervisor first and obtaining formal, documented approval.
- What kind of device can I use to access RAP? RAP is compatible with Windows and Macintosh computers running Java(see below). Tablets and smartphones are not supported at this time.
- What operating system software is supported? Macintosh computers running OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard, OSX 10.7 Lion, OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion, and OSX 10.9 Mavericks are supported. Detailed Macintosh user instructions are available here. Windows computers running XP, Visa, Windows 7 and Windows 8 are supported. Detailed Windows user instructions are available here.
- How do I install Java on my computer? Navigate to Java.com, and follow the download instructions for your operating system.
- Where can I obtain additional information or get assistance? For additional information on RAP or for assistance call the Solutions Center at x5-7975.